Monday 12 March 2012

Quick start as consultant in cambodia..

5th March:
I just arrived in cambodia on 5th March after a short break.. and learned that my boss is going for a regional meetig in siam reap.. so he wanted me to meet him up before I go home!!!

interesting.. I have finished my house contract on 29th feb.. and as my return was not sure... i didnt extend my contract at the same time owner wanted to renovate my flat and put more furniture to earn more rents!! so she was not interested to rent me for short time...

any ways... i thought let me atleast complete the meeting and than decide where i am sheltering....

finally after meeting i called the land lady.. she said one room flat is available for me for 2 months..cheers!!! here i go.. i moved my stuffs and by 2:00 pm i had my house.... this is the quickest ever i found my place to stay,... and good thing was it was in the same apartment.. :) bingoo!!
-----------------

from 6th till 9th we were not clear about the funding call or whether to do needs assessment or not? etc...
finally on 13th march we decided to go for "recover needs assessment"... and i had only few hours to design the recover formats etc..

Its been 6 good months passed since devastating flood hit cambodia...
we geared up for "recovery assessment"..

I have worked on few interesting technical sectors like HEA, cash-transfer, market analysis, WASH needs in recovery..

I had to work with local project manager Mr. Samban.. ..

finally without much brefying at HQ samban and I headed to Prey Veng province.. where we had to conduct a half day training for the staff [mix of higher officials and volunteers]... the training was extremely difficult because of varied profile of staff and language limitation..

finally we could complete the training and did few spot checking... it went well...

came back to PNH after 2 days [15/16 march] and sopetra helped us in entering the while she is entering the data we headed to Siam reap for another needs assessment.. [19-22 march]

we were accompanied in siam reap by Ms. Susanne the HQ recovery coordinator..

findings will be shared in next post.... :)
-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment